Friday 27 December 2013

Top 4 Using wasted fabrics from factories


Based on my factory visit, I have done a project on wasted fabrics. I am inspired by the beauty of women. In different countries, there are different definition of Beauty. This time I have taken African neck stretching and the ideal bodyshape of being skinny as my main inspiration. Fashion is used to glamorize ourselves. Lots of girl prefer skinny bodyshape and keep losing weight in an unhealthy way, in this case, fashion can create an illusion to satisfy their beauty standard. In terms of colors, African stretchings are chosen , the colors are attractive and cheerful.

Lycra fabric strips from the factory

Fabric strips with sewing threads on top

Different fabric waste from the factory

Knotted Fabric strips  

Circular form on elastic fabric

Details on overlapping circles  



 In this collection, I have used wasted fabrics from a factory to create my own textile. The concept is similar to creating felt, but I used unwanted strips to link different piece of fabrics together. At the same time, the fabric will be more textured. However, this type of textile skill is more suitable for lycra strips. I think using factory wastes is not only for fashion designers but also textile designers. We all share a same aim - being sustainable and responsible to our earth! 






No comments:

Post a Comment